Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Libby Top Sew-A-Long

I am in love with the blog Craftiness Is Not Optional (aka: CINO).
Jess makes some of the cutest little girls clothing ever!
On top of that, she shares some wonderfully done tutorials on how to make them.

On Monday she started the Libby Top sew-a-long.  
It lasted three days and was a blast to participate.  
It was my first sew-a-long and certainly won't be my last, if she
posts more.  

WARNING: Crappy pictures ahead!

It was raining and overcast when I went to take my pictures.
I couldn't get a decent photo indoors as it was too dark in the house so I quickly
took my garment stand outside, plopped it down and snapped a few shots.
I didn't have time to straighten or primp the top or it would have gotten soaked
and I would have been drenched

This is my finished top.

A view of the back.

I strayed a little from the tutorial as it was written and added some piping
and bias tape to the edge of the bib portion of the bodice.
I love the dimensional quality it gives. 
I don't know if it shows up well on your screen but, 
the orange fabric is glittered. 

I also made my sleeves differently.  I followed the tutorial for measuring and cutting
but instead of adding bias tape to finish the lower sleeve edge I gathered it.
I added some more bias tape to coordinate with the bib detailing. 

I just love this little top and plan on making some black pants to match.
I am thinking of adding ruffles to the bottom of the pant legs using
the orange and print fabric from this top.

As they stitch up so quickly, I plan on making two more 
of these Libby tops for each of my great nieces.

Why not head on over to Jess's site and try one for yourself?
I promise you won't be disappointed!


Until next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!