Monday, December 3, 2012

Penguin Tea Light Ornament

 
Who doesn't love a little penguin at Christmas time?
 
 
To add some dimension to this ornament I embossed
his face piece with a swiss dots embossing folder.
I wanted to shape the center of his bow tie with
a stylus before I attached it but forgot.
 
 
This ornament is made a little different than the others
as I have removed the flame from the tea light candle so
that just the bulb is left. 
When the ornament is lit, the light shines out from under
and around the beak piece.
 
 
I have included full instructions on how to remove the flame 
in the notes of the MTC file which you can download
for free at the end of this post.
 
Hope you enjoy making a colony of penguins!
 
Click the link below to download the free MTC file.

Until next time, 

2 comments:

bzyPTmom said...

Thanks so much all of these lovely tea light ornaments! I'm thinking this would be the perfect gift for my office mates--now if I just had more time! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Anonymous said...

Every year, for the past several years, I've been making ornaments out of used light bulbs. snowman, santa, Rudolf, penguins, etc...Just about everyone I know has one. I was wanting a different idea for this year. This is perfect for keeping my light theme going, and my family and friends will be really surprised. Thanks for the great idea.

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!