Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Just sneaking in under the wire to post my submission to this weeks
Shabby Tea Room challenge.
Cathy chose the most beautiful winter scene as an inspiration photo
and asked that we create a project with a winter theme.


Isn't it just so lovely and peaceful?
If winter looked like this all the time I wouldn't mind it at all.

I was inspired by the beautiful colors of the photo
and made my card to reflect them.
Again, the pictures are not the best.  I must have moved this card around to
every room in the house trying to get decent lighting and these are
the best I could come up with.


I started off by using Penny Duncan's Nestie snowflake file.  Just love it! 
I then used another of her Nesties to make a backdrop for the
snowflake which is mounted with pop dots.
Satin ribbon was run through some slits I added to the Nestie.
I then mounted it all to some wonderful digital snowflake paper and then
again to digital newsprint. I zigzag stitched around the snowflake paper
in the exact shade of blue as the papers and ribbon.


I just fell in love with this trim when I saw it at Joann's. It kind of reminded
me of snow and icicles so I added it to my card along the bottom after
running some blue satin ribbon through the top part.



I added some pins and some of my homemade roses in a shade
that matches the red in the little vintage girls photo.



Then to finish it off I added a ticket with the saying "Warm and Cozy Winter Wishes".
It was secured with hemp twine and a button.

Almost forgot! I wanted some sparkle so before mounting everything, I brushed
my blue Nestie with sparkly fingernail polish. I came out awesome.



I sure hope the sparkle shows up in the above picture.
I have found so many uses for this new shade of nail polish.
I believe it is made by Wet and Wild.

I had fun with this challenge and am quite please with my card.
Hope you enjoyed viewing it also.

I am entering my creation in the
Tuesday Throwdown: Distressing challenge.

Before I go, I would like to thank the DT at TSTR for the honorable mention
on the card I created for last weeks challenge. Just thrilling to be mentioned
with the same group of ladies who's work I admire so much each week!



Until next time, 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So lovely, Becky Jo! I love the vintage image and all the pretty embellies!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous Becky Jo! Beautiful papers and vintage image and I must make a stop at JoAnne Fab's - I love that trim! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Clare said...

Beautiful card, that trim is gorgeous and I love how you used the sparkly nail polish, turned out great!!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too! : )

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!