Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Dress

Today I finished up this darling little dress that I made using the tutorial from living with punks.


Susan did such a fantastic job creating her picture tutorial that I had this dress done in no time at all.

I made it using fabric that a co-worker had given me a couple years back.
I had no idea what I would ever make with it as the print is so 
large but I just loved the coloring in it so I held onto it.
When I saw Susan's tutorial I knew immediately that this was the fabric I would use.
Perfect for a summer dress for a 2 year old!

If you would like to make one yourself here is the direct link: 

A first for me, I made my own seam binding.
It took me longer to make the binding than it did to finish the whole rest of the dress.
By the looks of my crooked sewing line, it appears I need a little practice sewing it on!
I think my favorite part of the dress is the ruffled neckline.


I love the top stitching at the waist line.
It gives the finished dress a high end look.

The bow is super cute, isn't it?  
I angled the ends of the ties which wasn't called for in the tutorial.
On the next dress I create, I will make the tails about 5 inches longer than what the tutorial calls for.
On Susan's finished dress she tied her tails in a loose knot rather than a bow 
so that is probably why mine are so short.

Thank you Susan! 
I couldn't be happier with this little number!





Until next time, 

1 comments:

SusanAnn said...

Your dress is gorgeous! I'm going to make one too and you won't believe it but the little girl's name is Ella!

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!