Friday, September 24, 2010

Recent Cards

Today I would like to share some of the cards I have made recently.
As I am new to card making, I do not have the supplies and tools
that I would like to create with.
As with any hobby, the cost of those supplies and tools can add up
pretty quick.
 
I am very fortunate to own a Cricut Expression (love it!) which I will have
worn out by the end of the year if I don't stop using it so much.
It is the main tool that I use with my cards as I do not have a lot of
punches,stamps, inks, markers, etc.

I have purchased some distressing inks and a very limited
amount of embellishments (pearls, brads, etc) but for the most
part, I use what I already have on hand.

With that in mind, here are a few of my creations.

I made this card for my friends birthday.
It was made entirely out of white card stock from Walmart
except for the floral center picture.
I inked and embossed some of the layers to give dimension.
The ribbon I had in my craft stash and I used a few purchased pearls to jazz it up a bit.

 
Happy Birthday, Weenie!
The Cricut, ribbon from my stash and a few pearls and some 
designer paper that I picked up at a local discount surplus store
 was all it took to make this card for my great aunt.

I know my pictures aren't the best.
The energy saving bulbs in my house always makes my camera use the flash.
Will have to come up with some type of light box or something.

That's it for today!
Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!