Thursday, September 23, 2010

This is where it all starts!

Today I have decided to take the plunge into the world of blogging.
I am starting with the idea of sharing my passion for crafting.
Card making, mini scrapbook albums and machine embroidery
are just a few of my favorites right now. 
We'll see where it leads.

So, without further ado, lets get started!

For the first post, why not start with another first?
I created my very first mini scrapbook album for this years family reunion.
To my surprise, it was raffled as one of the main prizes. 

Like everything else I do, I jumped in with great ambition.
I wanted my album to look all shabby chic, vintage and distressed,
like the ones I see on other blogs and drool over.

I watched enough You Tube video's on techniques to give me eye strain for a week.
Why do the authors make it look so easy?
They whip out a page in 10 minutes or less while
I sit for hours completing the same type of page.
I worked every spare moment of an entire week on this album.
The trip to the reunion was a 4 hour drive and we were to leave at 8 a.m.
I finished the album at 3 a.m. and had the alarm set to get up at 6 a.m.
 
I didn't put a lot of embellishments on it as I did not know to whom
it would be going and quite frankly, I just ran out of time.
In the end, even though it wasn't what I had envisioned,
 I was somewhat pleased with how it turned out.


The recipient was very happy she won the album as her hobby is photography.
She said she planned on filling it with photos of this years reunion
and bringing it back for everyone to see at next years gathering.

That's it for now.
Until next time,











0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!