Monday, November 1, 2010

85th Birthday Card

Yesterday was my great aunts 85th birthday party. I quickly made this card up and therefore not a lot of embellishments.  It was a little out of the ordinary for me but I had decided I needed to broaden my horizons and use some vivid colors instead of the soft pastels that I normally prefer.  I must say I do quite like the effect.


For dimension, the numbers were adhered with pop dots and I added the metal brad shapes to all four corners. Originally the background behind the numbers was left white as I wanted the numbers to "pop".  It turned out to be very lack-luster to say the least. As I had already adhered the cardstock down and couldn't remove it, I typed up a bunch of birthday related sayings in Inkscape, printed it onto acetate, and tranfered the image to the cardstock. I was happy with the results as the numbers are still predominate. I love using the acetate transfer technique. It saved this card from going into the trash bin and starting over. 

That's it for now.

 Until next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!