Sunday, October 16, 2011

Like I need a new hobby!

Many years ago, I bought a couple needle tatting books and needles.
When I say many, I mean like 11-15 years.
Well, I read the books and practiced a little but put the
supplies away and never looked at them again until about
3 days ago.

Don't know what I saw that reminded me I had those supplies
put away but I dug them out and thought of all the pretty
trim I could be tatting for some of the clothing
I have been making for my nieces.

I sat down and got to work on a lace collar edging.
(You can just go ahead and ignore that pilled up blanket!)


It amazes me what you can make with just a needle and thread!
Ain't it purdy?


Now it's not perfect by any means but, I think for my very
first tatting project, it's not too bad.



This is the finished product.


It took me two days to finish this piece.

I still need to read up on how to starch it or iron it or whatever
it is I need to do to make it all nice and crisp.

I am going to put this on a top I already have planned out to make but
I would also like to make the girls holiday dresses that incorporate
some tatting.  
Let's see what I can come up with!



Until next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!