Monday, September 12, 2011

Ice Cream Sundae

Today is my friend Becky's birthday.
She is such a wonderful person. One of those people you really, truly admire.
Because she is so sweet, what better way to present her gift 
than in an ice cream sundae gift card holder.


I had seen this idea made into a cupcake and made a few of those
as gifts.  Everyone that received one raved about them.

When you pull out the cherry, it reveals the gift card inside!

While at one of the dollar type stores a while ago, I found these plastic
ice cream sundae bases.  At the time, I didn't know what I would make with 
them but I picked a couple up anyway. I'm so glad I did!


I think the tall bases make them more substantial looking.


The original cupcakes called to paint the wooden knob red and then coat 
them in glue and sprinkle with red glitter.  
On this sundae I painted the knob red and once dried I coated it with
sparkle nail polish. I really like the looks of it.



When I finished the sundae I thought the base needed
 a little something so I added this bow.  
As an afterthought, to add a little more pizzazz and up the cuteness factor, I added a crazy straw. 
I know it doesn't match color-wise but it's the only unused one I had on hand.


Until next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments you may have! Thanks so much!